Click on the video players below to watch action from the World Rugby Sevens Series tournament in Cape Town, South Africa.
Canada began the day with a 35-7 win over France to advance to the Cup semifinals. Canada was then edged 14-12 by Argentina to set up the bronze and gold medal matches.
Canada will face South Africa in the bronze match at 12:18 p.m. ET, while New Zealand and Argentina will play for gold afterwards.
(Live at 12:18 pm ET) HSBC Mens World Rugby Sevens Series: Bronze and Gold Medals0:00
Saturday’s action included Canada scoring wins in two of their three matches. They began their tourney by dropping a close match to Samoa by a score of 19-17, before beating Fiji 22-14 and Wales by a score of 31-14.
Here’s Canadian team’s roster, captained by Harry Jones:
- Phil Berna (Vancouver)
- Connor Braid (Victoria)
- Admir Cejvanovic (Burnaby, B.C.)
- Justin Douglas (Abbotsford, B.C.)
- Mike Fuailefau (Victoria)
- Lucas Hammond (Toronto)
- Nathan Hirayama (Richmond, B.C.)
- Harry Jones (North Vancouver, B.C.)
- Isaac Kaay (Kamloops, B.C.)
- Pat Kay (Duncan, B.C.)
- John Moonlight (Pickering, Ont.)
- Matt Mullins (Belleville, Ont.)
- Liam Underwood (Toronto)
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
CBC | Sports News